GK TIPS FOR ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS
- Read Newspapers Daily
- We all know that “Old is Gold”, the same factor is applicable here too. We need to create a habit of studying newspapers consistently. I’ll recommend you to study more than one paper.
- It will be better if you study one paper of your mother’s language and other English. Some useful newspapers are “The Times of India”, “The Hindu”, “The Telegraph” etc.
- Reading newspapers daily can make life easy in learning General Knowledge. Keeping an eye what’s happening around may find it interesting in looking out for news daily.
- We all know that staying updated is always a good idea, as it will stand you apart from the rest.
2. Watch Current affairs special program on News
- Watching the news channel regularly is not an option, anyone can agree for improving General Knowledge, but you can watch special current affairs programs of your favorite news reporter for arousing interest in this section.
- You will need to watch news programs at least once a day. Now, most of the top information programs are effective for 24*7. You need to choose up an appropriate time for yourself to watch any favorite news channel of yours.
- You can watch ABP News, NDTV, Times Now, ET Now, Zee News etc. Try to go through all the breaking and highlighted news, and make a habit to watch regularly.
3. Notes for Exam
- Always try to write short notes of what you think is important in terms of exam perspective so that your important record is maintained for exam day.
- If you want to learn something, Always try to write down in your notebook as it will help you to memorize it in a better way.
- As we know that a lot of activities are happening in the nation and all over the globe, so it is simple to understand that it is not easy to memorize everything. It’s always a fantastic concept to sustain a notebook of current events.
- Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia are our best teachers, so you should use all the available internet sources to search for current affairs and GK for examinations.
- You can definitely take part in some forums that are concentrating on current activities. The excellent aspect is you can follow to the sites of all major newspapers online if you don’t have plenty of time to read newspapers.
- You can always join online groups of Current affairs to keep yourself updated and if not so, go like some pages of current affairs on Face book and other social networking sites.
5. Read Magazines / Books thoroughly
- Various General Knowledge books/ Magazines are always a good option to have knowledge quickly and effectively.
- There are many major publications that concentrate on present matters and Common Information. You need to buy it from your regional journal supplier and begin studying it thoroughly.
- Some of the useful magazines are Pratiyogita Darpan and Manorma etc.
- Try to study business magazines and sports magazines too along with a common journal. This will increase your possibilities of breaking aggressive examinations with convenience.
6. Participate in Online Quizzes
- You should get involved in some free mock tests that are available on the internet to evaluate yourself.
- This provides you with an appropriate concept of whether you are prepared for the examination day or not.
- As an added aspect it will also offer you assurance. You can also download Monthly-wise current affairs questions from here.
7. Make Your Strength Your Plus Point
We generally find it very complicated to study the whole thing at a glance so in this way we chiefly study a lot, but memorize a little in mind. So we require to first measure out our tough parts for our preparation.
If you are planning for Bank exams, then you must focus further on banking related terms, sports, awards & honors, etc and should create this division as your strongest weapon.
Attempt and participate in several free of charge online quizzes in order to evaluate yourself.
8. Discussion Forums
There are abundant debate forums on the internet today through which you can increase your general knowledge