How To Make Tissue Paper Flowers
Today I’m going to show you how to make tissue paper flowers. They are so easy and inexpensive to make. I learned how to make these from an old Martha Stewart magazine. These DIY tissue paper flowers are a great way to dress up any party! There are so many colours to choose from. You can customize the look for any party!
Tissue Paper Flowers Tutorial
Here’s what you’ll need to get started…
- 1 pack of tissue paper (with 8 sheets) -found mine at Walmart for $1.99
- Floral wire + scissors
- If you’d like LARGE pom flowers like the ones above there is no need to cut your tissue paper. In the step-by-step photo below I folded the stack of tissue paper in half and then cut an 8×8 square. So there were 16 layers of 8×8 squares.
- Next, I folded the tissue paper in accordion style (about 1 inch for each fold).
- Then I cut a small piece of floral wire and wrapped it around the centre.
- Lastly, I cut around tip on each end of the tissue paper. After that, I pulled each layer of tissue paper out to create the flower. Fluff as needed.
- I wanted my flowers really full, so I used 16 layers, but you could certainly useless. To determine how big to cut your flower just divide it in half. So, for example, my 8-inch squares created about 4-inch flowers.
These flowers really are super simple to make and make a great addition to the decor. Stick one on a cake stand like I did below… or dress up a cheap bag like the one above.
Hot glue a flower onto a utensil holder…
You can also make a fun flower wreath with these flowers. All you need to do is wrap a foam wreath with fabric or ribbon and then hot glue the flowers onto the top of the wreath. Then hang it up on the door with ribbon. Easy peasy!
The possibilities are endless! There are so many great uses for these tissue paper flowers. Get creative with colours and sizes.