What Is Blog – originally created by a weblog, “A Blog” is just that? The blog is coming through experience, thoughts, Ideas all in one place in a web. For our purposes, we’ll say that a blog is your own website that you are going to update on an ongoing basis. A blog is a short form for the word weblog and the two words are used interchangeably.
- A blog is typically updated frequently and regularly, although there are some who are considered “slow bloggers”.
- A Blog typically has an area for people to comment or respond to the blog post.
- Blogs may also have other areas of content and links to other websites.
- A blog can have individual authors or be a collection of authors.
- Blogs have a history or an archive of previous blog posts.
- A blog is a type of website which has posts (or entries) appearing in reverse chronological order.
What Is Blog?What Makes Them So Great?Types of Blogs? Terminology, Definition
Here is a Definition:
“…the first journalistic model that actually harnesses rather than merely exploits the true democratic nature of the web. It’s a new medium finally finding a unique voice.”–Andrew Sullivan
We are going to use these terms with alarming frequency, so make sure you understand what they mean before you go on.
Blog (noun) – a journal or diary that is on the Internet.
Blogger (noun) – a person who keeps a blog – Bloggers are revolutionizing the way news is shared.
Blog (verb) – to write a blog – I am going to blog before breakfast this morning.
Blogging (verb) – the act of writing a blog – Blogging is my way of sharing my passions with the world.
What Is The Purpose of Writing Blog?
The purpose of blogs may be the promotion of our product, awareness of various issues, Passion for the writing of any topic, lastly is information sharing.
- How-to, Tip, Reviews: Blogs such as these teach readers about various topics, giving information and sharing tips.
- Personal: Passion for writing and a subject of choice and a blog is created sharing bloggers likes and dislikes. Blogs themed on family, travel, food, style tips, health, you search it and it’s there.
- Company Blogs: Many companies manage a blog and share about their business, products or services. There are blogs on IT products, blogs on HR consultancy services and blogs on career guidance.
- Non-Profits: Human rights groups, NGOs, charities etc write blogs to generate awareness for the cause.
What makes them so great?
The blog is easily used by few clicks Thoughts, Opinions, News, Anything!
Your Blog is controlled by how your Blog is looked. You can choose your Theme and personalized by your own colors, Background images, find the look, that fits you.
It’s easy to change theme’s as well. Its always been should this look & field dens with your personality & makes easy to visitors to find what they are looking for.
Most Blog Theme’s available 4 Main Sections.
The Side Bar
The Header is comprised the “Blog Title” & Logo if you have one & the main navigation menu. The menu is where you get should easily able to navigate the contact of your Site.
The menu is a natural web experience it should lead various pages in your blog. Side Bar’s the usually have one. This area generally includes widgets and things you want to high light, such as your favorite links, popular contact in your blog, recent activity, subscription option and social media tool just the name of few.
The Footer, rest of the bottom of the blog, this is typically used to display contact, it doesn’t opt a change, but you would like to reader’s easy access too, including links to read more about to you and link to your contact page.
Lastly, the most important area of your blog is the Body.
The main content area, usually this is the primary reason; people are coming to your blog. It’s your Thoughts and Ideas come to life and you share within the post your page comprises within.What Is Blog?What Makes Them So Great?Types of Blogs? Terminology, Definition
POST? & PAGE?
What’s the Difference?
Pages are different from posts. They are normally static displaying standard contact such as “About me” or Contact Page.
Post’s on the other hand always having the good stuff, where you publish your thoughts. In the standard blog, format post’s can be shown in main pages of the blog usually an important that places the most recent relevant information and of the very top of the list. These things like your “daily updates” or News about the market, when the new story posted and the period the top of your blog for the world to see.
The post can option for comment section as well, so others can comment on your post and share the conversation with you and read have the feedback about your blog.
This brings can be an element of your blog making the popular, minimum expression and information sharing.
The Blogs making easy to share images, video, and another type of media files giving you a complete freedom to give expression and now the popularity of mobile phone, your blog can be viewed by ant time from anywhere in your hand.What Is Blog?What Makes Them So Great?Types of Blogs? Terminology, Definition
Blogging for everyone and people of all age’s share a blog every day. School, Work and play! For no matter what you do.
The blogging in a great way to connect with other people and put your ideas out there.
So what are you waiting for get another fun and start blogging today?
You can follow us on Facebook page also…