- 3 large baking potatoes (1 pound each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, optional
- take 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- take 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub with oil if desired. Bake at 400° for 50-75 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender. In a large bowl, mash potato pulp. Stir in onion mixture, cream, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Fold in cheese. Stuff into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 6 servings.
Note: Potatoes may be stuffed ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen. Allow additional time for reheating
- White pepper is milder than black pepper, but use whichever you prefer or happen to have on hand.
- We’re obsessed with the deep rich flavor of smoked paprika; it just may be the bacon of the spice world. Try it here. It really sets off the cheesy topping!